The Grand Hotel Wien is located in the heart of Vienna, Austria just steps from the State Opera House in Ringstrasse. The elegant hotel was built according to plans by renowned architect Carl Tietz and first opened it's doors on May 10th 1870. Guests at the time could enjoy such luxuries as a telegraph office, steam powered elevators, and 300 rooms with 200 fabulously appointed bathrooms. Johann Strauss even celebrated his 50-year jubilee at the hotel in 1894. In 1945 The Grand Hotel Wien shut its doors due to the occupation of Russian troops for 10 years and then to the International Atomic Energy Agency who used it for their headquarters until 1989. After a 100 million Euro renovation the hotel was reopened on July 14th 1994 with a total of 300 rooms and suites for guests to choose from. All rooms are equipped with antique furniture, flat screen TV, beautiful textiles, and large marble bathrooms with double vanities. The Presidential suite features a grand dining room with open fireplace, spacious master bedroom with a canopy bed, large living room with balcony, and a marble bathroom with separate shower and whirlpool tub. Guests have 7 dining options located in the hotel which offer 24-hour room service. Diners can enjoy a variety of cuisines including Arabic, Japanesse, and traditional Vinasse. Unkai features Teppan-Yaki grills as well as a traditional Kimono service. Le Ciel has been awarded a Michelin star and affords guests a roof top view of Vienna. Yalla features shish kebabs and freshly prepared shawarma sandwiches right from the grill. The Grand Hotel Wien has a glittering past with 140 years of tradition and luxury.
View more reviews
View all amenities
Places of interest closest to Grand Hotel Wien
Recommendations carefully curated by momondo places